Anyway, to the more interesting story. Thursday afternoon, around one thirty I was heading into the bookstore on campus to buy a much needed Spanish/English dictionary. As I walked up to the stairs I heard, "Hey Amy, how are you" I was expecting a Ceiba classmate but instead, it was Melinda Mergendahl! She is in Ecuador visiting a friend of hers from the U of M who is studying abroad in Quito and attending the same university my classes are at! How crazy is that! Never did I expect to come to Quito and run into another resident of Galesville just by sheer consequence. So the power of possibility in South America has been proven to me and all the stress of learning Spanish and reading my ecology books has been lessened a little. What a small, small world we live in.
Friday, January 8, 2010
it's a small, small world
Just a quick note here about a strange experience I had yesterday. My life these past few days hasn't been terribly interesting. I started class on Wednesday. We have tropical ecology in the mornings from 9 to 12, a two hour lunch break and then intensive Spanish from 2 to 5. By the time I catch the bus back and get home it's just about 6. My evenings have thus far been dinner and conversation with Veronica and Maria Clara followed by reading my ecology books and struggling to memorize past tense, perfect tense, imperfect and all the other highly confusing Spanish verbage.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is crazy! Spanish has been so hard for me to remember with all the tenses. Debemos hablar en espanol hasta te volves?
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the vosotros forms Katie!
ReplyDelete